Tulum, Q.R. — A man arrested in Tulum last week has been connected to at least two murders in the town of Tulum. On May 13, Tulum police arrested 36 year old José Hugo “N” for possession of narcotics and weapons.
After his arrest, authorities in Tulum said aside from narcotics, he was in custody “for the possession, manufacture, importation and stockpiling of prohibited weapons”.
“As a result of coordinated work between authorities within the Blingaje Tulum Strategy, members of this Secretariat carried out the arrest of José Hugo “N”, alias “El Chucho”, 36 years of age, for his alleged participation in the commission of crimes against health and possession, manufacture, Importation and stockpiling of prohibited weapons.
“During the operation, the following evidence was seized from the now-detained individual: a Glock 17 handgun with a magazine loaded with eight 9mm rounds and more than 30 doses of narcotics, including marijuana and crack cocaine.
“Therefore, he was presented before the State Attorney General’s Office, the authority that will determine his legal status in accordance with the law. We remain strong and steadfast for a better Tulum.”
On Monday, the State Attorney General (FGE) reported that since his arrest, José Hugo “N” has been connected to at least two murders.
José Hugo “N”, alias “El Chucho” was arrested in Dos de Octubre of Tulum May 13. He has since been dentified as a suspected member of a criminal cell. According to their investigation, José Hugo “N” is allegedly connected to a May 9 kidnapping in the vicinity of the ZenWay cenote on the Tulum-Boca Paila highway.

Likewise, the investigations also connect him to the murder of Martín “N”, on February 10 on Ágata Avenue near Aldea Tulum. Police said he is the fourth person arrested from the same criminal cell operating out of Tulum.
