Tulum, Q. R. — The main artery of Tulum continues with a modernization project that began last week. On Monday, another section of the town’s main avenue began a transformation with Mayor Marciano Duzl Caamal on hand.
The main avenue of Tulum will be remodeled with a project that will see overhead power lines exchanged for underground as well as new pedestrian walkway. Caamal explained that the resources allocated by the administration of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to Tulum will be invested to improve the town for both its residents and visitors.
“We are going to continue transforming Tulum because we are a different government that is close to the people. We listen and solve,” he said Monday before the start of roadway demolition.
“This project will compliment the underground electrification work that began last Monday. I promised businesses that the work would be carried out quickly so as not to affect the area merchants.
“This project gives continuity to the existing projects to improve the urban image of Tulum Avenue, which provides quality and inclusive spaces for the enjoyment of families and all those who visit our beloved city,” he said.
Caamal detailed that more than 3.3 million peso will be spent on the new pedestrian walkway which will not only include a new level surface, but also tools such as the placement of a guide line for the blind.