Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chetumal gas worker shocked during LP tank refill

Chetumal, Q.R. — A worker from a Chetumal LP gas company was rushed to hospital Wednesday after a fall. The unidentified man was in the process of refilling a stationary LP gas tank on a rooftop when he was electrocuted and thrown to the ground below.

The accident happened at a private residence on Soconusco Street in the community of Calderitas, just outside Chetumal. The employee was on a ladder to refill the tank when he came into contact with an electric security fence.

Due to the heavy rains, he was electrocuted, which caused him to fall to the ground. He was taken to hospital with injuries from both the shock and the fall. His condition remains unknown.