Press "Enter" to skip to content

Tulum man dies by electrocution after measuring tape touches CFE cable

Tulum, Q.R. — A man who was building a new palapa died on site Tuesday. The man was pronounced on scene by medical personnel who were sent to a Tulum hostel where the worker was taking measurements.

In doing so, his metal tape accidentally made contact with a CFE electric cable. The accident was reported on Tuesday afternoon at a downtown hostel on Sol Street. Paramedics pronounced the 56-year-old man on scene after being electrocuted.