Press "Enter" to skip to content

Isla Mujeres pool cleaner dies from electrocution

Isla Mujeres, Q.R. — A young man cleaning a pool was pronounced dead Tuesday after being electrocuted. The 28-year-old pool cleaner died when the extended metal pole he was using to clean the pool bottom made contact with overhead electric wires.

The accident happened on a property of the road extension of Rueda Medina Avenue on the island. Municipal police, along with Civil Protection and paramedics, arrived at the scene.

He was transferred to hospital with vital signs but died shortly after arriving. He had moved to the island from Chiapas.