Tulum, Q.R. — An investigation into the cause of a Tulum hotel fire continues, reported the Attorney General. The Attorney General of the State also clarified that the nine Tulum cabanas that burned were not seized by them.
On Tuesday, Oscar Montes de Oca, who heads the Attorney General’s Office, reported that at the time of the fire, the hotel was in possession of its owner and not the state.
The Alma Hotel, which was not in operation when the fire broke out, belongs to its legal owner and was not insured by state authorities. The owner was recently granted full possession after a “conflict”.
“I reiterate, it was not insured by the Prosecutor’s Office. There was a conflict last November for which the hotel was placed under protection, but then it was handed over to its legitimate owner,” he said.
“When there are cases like these in dispute many things are presumed such as revenge, self-attacks, or simply an accident,” he said during a Radio Formula interview.
He also said that the reason for the nine hotel cabanas burning is still being investigated. Last week, nine cabanas belonging to the Alma Hotel in Tulum were either destroyed or heavily damaged by a fire.