Press "Enter" to skip to content

Seven year old Cancun girl loses arm and leg after touching high voltage wires

Cancun, Q.R. — A seven year old girl that was electrocuted at her Cancun home Thursday has lost an arm and a leg. The girl was rushed to hospital late Thursday after touching high voltage electric wires at her house in SM 68.

On Friday, doctors had to remove her arm and leg. According to reports, the electricity entered her body through her hand and exited through a foot. She remains in serious condition in a Cancun hospital.

Authorities have not provided details on exactly how the child came into contact with the high voltage wires.