Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cozumel shoppers evacuated after report of store fire

Cozumel, Q.R. — Shoppers at a popular island warehouse were evacuated Sunday after reports of a fire. Both customers and employees were evacuated from the Walmart-owned Sam’s Club Sunday around 5:00 p.m. due to overheated wires.

Island firemen arrived to find a fire had ignited due to overheated electrical wires. Cozumel Civil Protection personnel were also sent to the scene. Authorities did not say where in the store they found the overheating wires.

Damage was minimal. No injuries were reported in the incident.