Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chetumal baby dies after falling headlong into bucket of chlorinated water

Chetumal, Q.R. — A 10-month-old baby died Thursday in Chetumal hospital after falling into a bucket of chlorinated water. The child was admitted to hospital in critical condition Monday after falling headlong into the bucket.

The 10-month-old girl was rushed to hospital by firemen after her mother ran to the nearby residential station in search of help. It was reported that the child was submerged in the bucket for several minutes before being found by her mother.

Firemen were able to get the child breathing again before being transferred to the General Hospital, however, after three days, she died.