Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cancun man electrocuted after pruning shears make contact with CFE lines

Cancun, Q.R. — A man pruning his trees died Tuesday after accidentally making contact with overhead power lines. The accident happened outside a private home in the area of Alfredo V. Bonfil.

Reports say that the unidentified man was cutting a tree outside his home around noon when, in an oversight, his metal shears made contact with live CFE power lines.

Police and paramedics arrived, responding to the C5 Command Centre report for assistance, however, the man was already deceased. Area residents confirmed they saw him cutting a tree when he suffered the electrical shock.