Press "Enter" to skip to content

Rooftop fire rips through neighborhood bakery

Felipe Carrillo Puerto, Q.R. — A small business was reduced to ash Tuesday after a loose electric line allegedly caused it to burn. Business neighbors in the town of Señor watched as the two story bakery burned.

Firemen were called to the early Tuesday afternoon scene but were unable to do anything to save the building since it was completely engulfed in flames by the time they arrived.

According to local reports, a low lying electric cable positioned above the bakery broke. The live wires created a spark as they fell onto the dry grass rooftop. Within minutes, the entire bakery was on fire.

Helpless neighbors watch as fire on the grass roof spreads. Photo: April 16, 2024.

Strong winds fanned flames. Civil Protection and firemen are working to find the exact cause of the fire.