Press "Enter" to skip to content

José María Morelos firemen respond to residential gas leak

José María Morelos, Q.R. — A leaking gas tank was removed from a home in José María Morelos Monday. The fire department rushed to the residential home after the report of an LP cylinder gas leak in a main floor kitchen.

Due to the leak, area residents were evacuated while firemen located and removed the leaking tank. The incident was reported to emergency 9-1-1 around noon from a home in Colonia Dolores.

According to firemen, the leak origin was in the lower part of the tank which was found to be in poor condition. Once the leak was contained, the tank was removed from the home.