Press "Enter" to skip to content

Hostel cabin in Lázaro Cárdenas consumed by flames

Lázaro Cárdenas, Q.R. — Kantunilkín firemen were tasked with extinguishing a fire that erupted inside a hostel Wednesday. Firemen were at the 4:30 p.m. scene where they found mounds of burning palapa grass had fallen in full flames to the base of the structure.

The entire wood and grass cabin was consumed by fire even with the efforts of locals tossing buckets of water to stop the spread of flames. While the small building was lost, others surrounding it were not damaged.

Firemen were able to contain the fire from spreading to other meters-apart palapa cabins. The fire is reported to have started accidently by a nearby firecracker that was set off during a celebration. There was no one staying in the cabin at the time of the incident.