Press "Enter" to skip to content

Winds get the better of a palapa fire outside town of Mahahual

Mahahual, Q.R. — A medium sized structure was reduced to ash after its palapa rooftop caught fire. Othón P. Blanco firemen were requested at the scene of the burning building outside the town of Mahahual.

The fire, which happened on Monday, has since been determined to have started due to faulty electrical wiring. The building, which was made from wood and grass, burned quickly.

Before firemen arrived, neighbors on Paseo del Puerto Avenue attempted to help the owner douse flames, but strong winds only fueled the fire, which resulted in the entire structure going up in flames.