Press "Enter" to skip to content

Two electrocuted at Puerto Aventuras when crane bucket hits CFE lines

Puerto Aventuras, Q.R. — Two men were electrocuted outside Puerto Aventuras after their crane made contact with the high voltage wires. The accident happened along the federal 307 when they were being lifted to the wires inside a bucket.

In doing so, the operator of the crane accidentally made contact with the electric CFE cables. Both men inside the bucket were electrocuted. Paramedics who responded to the accident report for medical assistance arrived to find one of the men dead. The second was taken to hospital with undisclosed injuries.

The electrical discharge also caused a grass fire at the site, which spread to a nearby fence and small wood building. Firemen were called to put out the fire.