Press "Enter" to skip to content

Maintenance man electrocuted at Chetumal shopping mall

Chetumal, Q.R. — A man performing maintenance in the Chetumal Las Américas shopping mall died after being electrocuted. The accident happened on the roof of the mall when the man was doing air conditioning maintenance.

The unidentified man was with a coworker at the time of the accident. The pair were on the roof when the now-deceased touched live wires. The electrical discharge killed him.

Chetumal firemen, along with police and paramedics, were part of the initial response team to the report of the accident. Paramedics were unable to revive him. The man is reported to have been around 35 years of age. His identity was not provided.