Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chetumal storage warehouse of BBQ charcoal fires up

Chetumal, Q.R. — Chetumal firemen were called to the scene of a small warehouse fire on Javier Rojo Gómez Avenue Thursday. The morning fire was reported to emergency services after the small warehouse, which belonged to a roasted chicken business, began to smolder.

Chetumal firemen arrived to a fully engulfed storage facility of BBQ charcoal. The roasted chicken business where the fire started stored dozens of bags of charcoal inside the small bodega.

A storage area of BBQ charcoal belonging to a roasted chicken business caught fire Thursday morning.
Photo: April 4, 2024.

Firemen spent around 40 minutes putting out the business fire in the Payo Obispo neighborhood. An overheated storage facility has been the speculated cause of the fire, however, an official cause was being looked into.