Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chetumal home consumed by fire after kitchen gas leak

Chetumal, Q.R. — Occupants of a Chetumal home requested help from the fire department after an LP gas leak turned to flames. City firemen rushed to the scene in the Centenario neighborhood where they arrived to a burning house.

Occupants of the Petén Street home said a gas leak in their kitchen started the fire. They were unable to control the leak and put out the flames, which is when they called the fire department.

Emergency 9-1-1 sent city firemen, who arrived quickly and were able to extinguished the fire, but not save the home. Other nearby homes were not affected by the blaze, however, the initial house was heavily damaged.

Neighbors watch as firemen put out the fire that started from a kitchen gas leak. Photo: May 9, 2024.

There were no injuries reported. Civil Protection and city firemen work to determine the exact cause.