Chetumal, Q.R. — Chetumal firemen were quick to the scene of the report of a burning car Thursday but were unable to save it. The private vehicle, an old model VW, was found completely engulfed in flames at the intersection of Venustiano Carranza and Francisco I. Madero Avenues Thursday morning.
The family that owned the car were sleeping when they woke to the smell of burning. After a review of their home, they realized the strong smell was their car burning on the street.
After a 7:30 a.m. call to emergency services, the Othón P. Blanco Fire Department arrived. The flames were extinguished but not before the car was completely gutted. According to early information, the fire was believed started by a short circuit.