Chetumal, Q.R. — An LP gas attendant remains in hospital after a tank he was filling exploded. The accident happened Friday at a service station in Chetumal. The man was filling the 20-liter cylinder when it suddenly exploded, leaving him with serious injuries.
He was rushed to hospital unconscious with face, hand and chest wounds. There is no word on his current condition.
Firemen, police and Civil Protection arrived at the scene, determining that the tank exploded from being in poor condition. The station where the accident happened is an LP refill centre along a busy central Chetumal roadway.
Residents surrounding the station were shocked by the sound of the explosion. No other injuries were reported.