Press "Enter" to skip to content

Two employees with minor injuries after gas accumulation ignites in Cancun hotel kitchen

Cancun, Q.R. — Two people were transferred to hospital with minor injures after a hotel kitchen fire. On Tuesday morning, two staff from the hotel were injured after an accumulation of gas ignited.

Cancun firemen arrived at the Selina Hotel in SM 22 to deal with the 7:00 a.m. mishap, which, for the most part, was under control by the time they arrived, since staff were able to put out the flames with on-site extinguishers.

However, while on scene, officials were told that it was an accumulation of gas in a stove that ignited, creating a flash of flames that blackened the area and left two kitchen help injured.

The two hotel employees were taken to hospital for medical treatment and released shortly after.