Press "Enter" to skip to content

Short circuit likely cause of Cancun motorhome fire

Cancun, Q.R. — A motorhome that was parked long term due to mechanical issues was reported engulfed in flames Monday. The raging fire that ate through the entire camping unit happened in SM 22 near Cancun’s central Parque de las Palapas.

Cancun firemen quickly arrived to extinguish the motorhome, which burned in its entirety. The fire began when it was started during a mechanical check. Reports say the owner of the motorhome was attempting to repair an electrical short. When he started the engine, the fire began.

Passersby made the report to emergency services around 12:25 p.m. Within a matter of minutes, Cancun firemen were on scene. There were no injuries reported.