Cancun, Q.R. — A family living in a modest home lost everything Friday after their house caught fire. Cancun emergency services were sent to the home in the Azul Bonampak subdivision of SM 247 after a 911 report.
Cancun firemen arrived shortly after 9:00 a.m. to find the inside of the concrete house engulfed in flames. Heat from the intense fire left windows exploded and a large crack near the top of the home, which broke building bricks all the way through.
After the fire was put out, firemen worked with Civil Protection who determined a short circuit to be the cause. There were no injuries reported. Authorities did not provide an estimate on damage.