Press "Enter" to skip to content

Electrical fault in air conditioner cause of Cancun hospital smoke

Cancun, Q.R. — An electrical short circuit was the cause of an abundance of smoke that saw part of a Cancun hospital evacuated. On Wednesday, city firemen responded to the activation of fire alarms inside the Jesús Kumate Rodríguez General Hospital.

There, they dealt with the large development of smoke that was emanating from an air conditioner in the pediatric area. Due to protocol, patients and staff in that area of the hospital were evacuated while firemen and Civil Protection were on site.

Authorities have since determined that an electrical fault inside the air conditioner was the culprit. There were no injuries reported.