Press "Enter" to skip to content

Elderly man rescued from burning Cancun apartment

Cancun, Q.R. — An elderly man was rescued from his fiery apartment in Cancun after accidently setting it on fire. Cancun firemen extinguished flames inside the home on Francisco I. Madero Avenue Monday night.

Inside the tiny 4 x 6 meter room was 79-year-old Ramon “L”, who was unable to leave his unit due to the thick smoke and flames. He was rescued from the room and treated for smoke inhalation but did not show any other signs of injuries.

Authorities reported the fire was caused by a small gas leak inside the home. The man’s entire kitchen area was damaged by the fire. A relative of the elderly man eventually arrived at the scene. Authorities did not provide an estimate on damages.