Press "Enter" to skip to content

Man hospitalized with burns after LP gas explosion in Tulum kitchen

Tulum, Q.R. — The resident of a Tulum apartment was hospitalized with burns after a gas explosion in his kitchen. Tulum firemen and personnel from Civil Protection were sent to the scene of the explosion Thursday.

One adult male from inside the Aldea Zama unit was transferred to hospital with burns to the upper part of his body. Nearly a dozen officials were sent to the site of the LP gas explosion that blew out a section of the apartment’s kitchen.

Firemen arrived to find no fire, but a kitchen littered with broken glass and wall cupboards laying on the floor. The blast, which is believed to have originated in an oven, was also blown from its wall compartment.