Press "Enter" to skip to content

Two women die from carbon monoxide poisoning after running generator in Playa del Carmen home

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Two women were found dead inside their Playa del Carmen home Wednesday evening. Authorities were sent to the home after their bodies were discovered by family members.

The mother and daughter reportadly died from carbon monoxide poisoning after running a rented generator inside their home. They lived in an area of Villas del Sol where electrical blackouts have been felt for days.

An ambulance was requested around 4:20 p.m. Responding paramedics found both women in the living room of the home. They were confirmed dead at the scene.