Mexico City, Mexico — Three American tourists have been found dead inside a vacation rental apartment in Mexico City. All three had traveled together at the end of October to visit Mexico City for the Day of the Dead festivities.
They were found dead inside a vacation rental they had rented online. According to the Mexico City Prosecutor’s Office, the deaths were due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The three now deceased have been identified as Jordan “M”, Kandace “F” and Courtez “H”. Kandace was from Virginia Beach, VA. Courtez and Jordan were reportedly from New Orleans, Louisiana. All three were in their late twenties. They arrived in Mexico City on October 28 and planned to return home November 1.
They were found dead inside their rented vacation apartment after friends and family reported they stopped answering phone messages. A building manager was asked to check on the apartment, which is when the three bodies were found. The Prosecutor’s Office of Mexico City has since reported all three died from carbon monoxide poisoning.