Press "Enter" to skip to content

PDC firemen rescue dog from burning home after he was found hiding in box

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Playa del Carmen firemen who responded to the report of a house fire were successful in rescuing the home’s pet. The small poodle was removed from the house with minor burns to his back legs after he was stumbled upon by one of the firemen.

The fire happened Thursday morning in the front section of a house that was converted into a laundry mat. A short circuit in the washing machine wiring was said responsible for the Villas del Sol fire.

While firemen were determining where the flames started, they found the dog hiding in a box near the faulty wiring. The dog was taken to a veterinarian for treatment by its owners.