Press "Enter" to skip to content

Overloaded extension cord said cause of PDC house fire

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — An overloaded extension cord has been determined the cause of a Playa del Carmen house fire. The fire happened late Friday in the city’s Bosque Real subdivision.

The homeowners were not home at the time. Neighbors made the report of the fire to authorities. Playa del Carmen firemen extinguished the fire, but not before it destroyed the interior of the concrete house.

Firemen are reminding people to not overload extension cords with holiday lights and to also not leave those lights plugged in when they are away.