Press "Enter" to skip to content

Overheated cell phone charger said cause of PDC fire that kills 3-year-old

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — A Sunday house fire in west Playa del Carmen has claimed the life of a child. On Sunday afternoon, PDC firemen responding to the report of a house fire found the girl dead inside the home.

The fire started in the Villas del Sol home shortly after 4:00 p.m. Firemen found the three year old dead in her bed. According to preliminary information, her parents were away from the home at the time.

The family was moving into a different house when they left her sleeping in her bed while they moved. While away, their house caught fire. The cause of the fire is said to have been an overheated cell phone charger.