Press "Enter" to skip to content

One injured after LP cylinder explodes in Fifth Avenue restaurant

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Firemen rushed to a Fifth Avenue business on Friday after the report of a gas explosion. The report was made after a cylinder inside a restaurant exploded leaving one person injured.

Employees of the restaurant where the explosion originated requested medical assistance through 911 after a worker was burned on an arm and one leg.

Civil protection also arrived to corroborate the gas leak and disconnect other cylinders to avoid additional explosions. The injured man was assessed on site by paramedics who were able to treat him. A hospital transfer was not required.

A damaged LP gas cylinder is the said reason for the explosion.