Press "Enter" to skip to content

Electrician suffers extensive burns working on PDC rooftop

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — An electrician working on a Fifth Avenue rooftop was rushed to hospital Tuesday. The unidentified man was transferred for medical attention after being electrocuted.

Shoppers below walking the busy pedestrian street alerted emergency services to the incident after hearing the electrical discharge.

It was around 9:00 a.m. when police and medical personnel responded to the report on 2nd Street North. According to early information, the worker accidentally came into contact with a CFE transformer during an electrical installation.

The strong charge threw the man several meters. Paramedics transferred him to hospital with second and third degree burns on nearly half of his body. Civil Protection is investigating which business the man was working for at the time of the accident.